Q1: What is a mattress topper?
A mattress topper or underlay is a form of additional layering that you can put on top of your existing mattress. It adds extra cushioning and support, while protecting and prolonging the life of your mattress. Mattress toppers can be made from latex, memory foam, wool, or down & feather. They range in density and thickness.
Q2: How does a mattress topper work?
A mattress topper works by adding an additional layer of comfort and support to your existing mattress, ensuring you can enjoy a comfortable, supportive, and healthy night’s sleep. You would purchase a mattress topper if you wanted to:
- a) Add an additional layer of support to your existing mattress
- b) Add an extra layer of comfort to your existing mattress
- c) Make your existing mattress softer or firmer, depending on your needs
- d) Protect and prolong the life of an existing mattress
Q3: How to choose a mattress topper?
Your choice of mattress topper would depend on what you need it for:
- ● If you want to protect and prolong the life of your mattress – latex, memory foam, wool, and down & feather toppers would protect and prolong the life of your existing mattress
- ● If you want additional support – latex and memory foam mattress toppers offer the most support
- ● If you want extra comfort – wool and down & feather mattress protectors offer the most comfort
For more information about mattress toppers, please refer to the Topper & Underlay Buying Guide.