Stylish and functional, BeddingCo's bed heads are the perfect finishing touch to your dream bedroom. A variety of bed heads are available to suit any style of bedroom, whether it's contemporary with neutral colours or filled with bold, striking hues. Our bed heads are made from materials such as decadent soft velvet or a premium textured fabric and are available in colours such as navy blue, charcoal, silver grey, French blue, light grey and classic cream.
Add a touch of luxury to your bedroom with a statement bed head
Whether you're shopping for a queen, king or super king bed head, Beddingco has all your bed head and headboard needs covered. Made from hardwood and backed by a 10-year warranty, our premium bed heads are the ultimate bedding accessory. Our upholstered textural bed head, the Paddington Bed Head, offers a modern and luxurious feel, and our Velvet Luxe bed head adds a touch of elegance to your bedroom. Wrap up the look with matching furniture such as a bed base or ottoman, and add the final touch with a new quilt cover and sheet set.
How do I choose the perfect bed head for my bedroom space?
High-quality materials and craftsmanship are non-negotiable when searching for a luxury bed head, but in finding the perfect bed head you should also consider style, shape and material.
- Style: It’s important your bed head ties in with not only your bed base but also your general room decor. Choose something timeless that reflects your personal style.
- Shape: Rectangular bed heads are popular for a reason; they flatter your bed and work well with most decor styles.
- Material: Comfort in the bedroom should be at the forefront of your decision making, so make sure you choose a high-quality headboard material that’s pleasant to lean on.
What size bed head do I need?
When shopping for bed heads in Australia, you’ll find standard dimensions that should align with your mattress and bed base’s sizing. If you’ve got a queen bed, for example, you should be able to select a queen bed head to complement it. In some cases, freestanding bed headboards can be leaned against the wall, allowing you to size up from your mattress size for an oversized look.
Does a bed need a bed head?
Yes, a bed needs a bed head. In addition to adding style to your bedroom, a padded bed head will cushion your head and shoulders if you want to sit up and read or watch TV in bed.
How do free standing bed heads work?
Freestanding bedheads (or headboards) can be leaned against the wall, or can be mounted to an existing bed frame or bed base. All BeddingCo free standing bed heads come with mounting hardware for easy installation, if required.
How to attach a bed head to the wall?
You can attach a bed head to a flat, bare surface by following these three steps:
- Step 1: Decide where you want the bed head to hang. Take accurate measurements of the distance between the attachment areas on the bed head and the distance to the floor. Make the necessary marks on the wall to guide you.
- Step 2: Install the fitting elements. Securely attach brackets to the wall using the necessary hardware. This could include drilling holes and using fasteners that include screws with wall plugs, rawl bolts, or finding supporting studs in your wall. The heavier the bed head, the bigger and stronger the hardware required.
- Step 3: Hang your wall mounted bed head. If you have measured correctly and attached the brackets properly, you should be able to hang your bed head the way you would hang a picture.
However, you don’t need to attach a bed head to the wall. You can lean the bed head against the wall, or you can mount the bed head to an existing bed frame or bed base. All BeddingCo free standing bed heads come with mounting hardware for easy installation, if required.